عنوان مقاله [English]
نویسنده [English]چکیده [English]
The complication and execution of few years of economic, social and cultural development plans is one of the ways shorten the gap between developed and developing countries. This essay surveys the Forth Development Plan of Iran, which was submitted by The Management and Planning Organization, from the viewpoint of strategic management and its role in achieving the target objectives in the next 20 years. It also evaluates the plan's success and its potentiality in responding to the target objectives from the scientific viewpoint that governs the strategic planning.
In this essay the Forth Development Plan is compared to the Third one,
and to the "first report" of the great evaluation of science and technology approved by the Supreme Council of Cultural Revolution. It also considers the plan's practicality specially in relation to the scientific theories. This essay tries to answer questions such as:
1. Is this plan based on scientific principles of strategic planning?
2. ls this plan a continuation of the previous one?
3. Can it form a foundation for the next 20 years objectives?
4. ls it in harmony with the great policies concerning scientific and technological developments?
5. ls it based on reality?
6. Can it claim to be successful 111 developing all the developmental aspects of the country?